Wednesday, July 27, 2016

REVIEW : CRUZH / Cruzh (2016)

Back in 2013 in my daily 'surfing' on You Tube, I 'crushed' upon a superb song of pure Melodic Rock bliss with the title "In A Blink Of An Eye". The band was called CruSh. I searched on the internet to find more info about this so cool band but unfortunately I didn't find anything. The band kept a mystery around itself. I achieved to interview the band's bass player (read the interview here) and so I found a couple of interesting things about CruSh's history. But no names!!!

Time passed by and nowadays, and after the change of the band's name to Cruzh, with a strong record deal with Frontiers Record the long awaited debut record is finally a reality. Cruzh consists of Dennis Butabi Borg on bass, Anton Joensson on guitars and Tony Andersson on lead vocals and keyboards and their mission is to play solid melodic rock stuff with an 80's vibe in it that will please each and every single fan of this particular scene.

Cruzh was raised up with bands such as Def Leppard, TOTO, Journey, Bon Jovi and these kinda of acts and that's a thing that reflects in each song here. The melodies are big, the vocals are passionate, the guitars are 'crunchy' and generally everything here is pure melodic rock heaven. I would describe this debut as edgy AOR with attitude.

"In N' Out Of Love" that opens this debut is simply breathtaking. A smooth melodic gem with a huge chorus line and harmonies straight out of heaven! With "First Cruzh" you are gonna fall in love with these guys while in "Aim For The Head" we have another killer Scandi-AOR hymn full of grandiose melodies, superb arrangements and an 80's feeling!!! "Survive", "Hard To Get" and the Def Leppard-ish "You" are all three excellent samples of Cruzh's music. Super catchy, in-your-face and melodic as it gets!!  "Set Me Free" is one of the album's highlights!! A fast-paced rocker that grabs you at once and makes you wanna turn the volume on maximum volume. Stunning!!!

Closing my review, I will repeat myself by saying that Cruzh's debut is super catchy, in-your-face and melodic as it gets!!! A killer melodic rock album that set the nominate for the best debut of 2016 and why not for the album of the year!! 

Rating : 9,5/10

Track Listing :
In N' Out Of Love
First Cruzh
Aim For The Head
Anything For You
Survive 

Stay
Hard To Get
You 
Set Me Free
Before I Walk Alone
Straight From My Heart 






2 comments:

  1. Nice review and agree...This album is fantastic. For me, it's right there with the Defiants and Nordic Union as my favorites this year.

    ReplyDelete